Thursday, August 26, 2010

Just Sign The Dotted Line

My children are back in school today and so life is good. We have an exchange student Ken, from Japan and he was very nervous. The boys all made it through the day though. I can't believe how many papers I had to sign for each of the classes for each child. It's like making a contract with each teacher over your child who you have no control over when they are at school. It kind of cracks me up. "Sure I will sign a paper saying that my child will be exemplary. Sure I will sign a paper that I understand the grading system and my child will be getting an A. Sure I will sign a paper that my child will be to class on time (I will walk him in between classes to make sure of it). " Do you get the idea? I guess if it makes the teachers feel better to have me sign it then go for it. Don't get me wrong, I do like the syllabus of the expectations of the class, but really do I have to sign that I read it? With the new technology, we had to read it on-line and then sign. Let's just say today, I wish my signature was worth money because I would of had a great pay day. As for Ken, he didn't understand a thing he signed. So can he plead for mercy of ignorance? Or will it come back to haunt me because I signed it too. Time will tell.................

No comments:

Post a Comment